Sunday 18 August 2013

Artfish : On the baroque and tactile

Baroque Zombie



La Cage Aux Folles





The lazy wiki quote :
The Baroque (US /bəˈrk/ or UK /bəˈrɒk/) is a period of artistic style that used exaggerated motion and clear, easily interpreted detail to produce drama, tension, exuberance, and grandeur in sculpture, painting, architecture, literature, dance and music. The style began around 1600 in RomeItaly and spread to most of Europe.[1]

These images came about from my desktop recovery -
Warning : Some geekery ahead

The scratch disk space on my HD is appalling and more so since my discovery of higher resolution screen captures that don't glitch on SL. That coupled with my RL hobby photos made my poor Mac groan in protest and I was forced to sort atleast some of my multitude of images from meanderings past.

I came across this :
Wall Texture from Malacca (circa 2012)
One of my old snaps and was inspired to incorporate it in the series exploring texture.
Baroque because the costumes and head-dresses used in these images are of a grandoise nature.

Credits as follow :
For La Cage Aux Folles

Zibska Hair Piece : Bibi
Likka House (Circa 2011- pre mesh! ) : Little Blackbird (Crenolines, Corset, Dress)
Mandala : Milky Way Nails (Lady Gaga)
Feather Collar : Part of Twighlight Muse darkened Victorian Dress Ensemble by Hollow Angel - Fatale (jude.fatale)
Valentina E. : Bloused Sleeve Jacket (Night)

For Baroque Zombie

The amazing horns in this picture was an opening gift by Lucia Genesis for Kowloon Sim. The hair is from Zibska and was available to buy at the Hair Fair 2013. The prim lashes were one of those tintable somethings I got free bundled with someotherthing I forgot and I just untinted it for white ;-) . The clothes were LWL's X'mas advent gift (Body Con) for group members. Oh.. and the collar is a TDR grab from Mimikri.


No comments:

Post a Comment