Friday 15 January 2016

The Fashion Fish : Genre is Gender Bending!

It's all about the drag for upcoming Genre this 15th Jan (2016).
I like participating in this event on occasion as a designer rather than blogger but nonetheless it is something I feel rather passionately for.
I like that Genre tries to come up with interesting themes that push ideas and boundaries and this is one of the edgier ones on " Drag Queens". In hindsight I really wish I'd taken up the challenge and come up with something (crazy eyelashes or earrings I think would have been what I'd have gone for if I'd thought about it longer), seeing all the lovely things that other people have done for it! I'm sure this round promises to be very entertaining as well as vibrant and interesting! Meanwhile, here's a sneaky peaky at what dM! have made :

Paris, Le Grande


"!dM "Paris La Grande" is deviousMind's contribution to Genre's "Drag Queens" round in January 2016, as per usual to a reduced price [the event runs until February 12th 2016].

And what else comes instantly to mind than.... FEATHERS..... GLITTER....... TICKLES....."
Each set contains 3 boa styles, front and backwards draped (as seen in the single color images) and a wrapped version that runs down the left arm (as seen in the color pack image). And of course they were created with the aspiring dance diva in mind... Each boa consists of of one size fitted mesh, and additional flexi feather add-ons to bring more liveliness to the styling.

"Paris La Grande"  also comes in 12 different colors of peacock feathers: **ONYX**, **BLACK PEACOCK**, **ORANGE**, **CANARY**, **RED**, **PINK**, **PURPLE**, **BLUE**, **ICE PEACOCK**, **KIWI**, **SNOW PEACOCK**, **NATURAL PEACOCK**, and a **COLOR PACK** if you just want to have them all.

Here's what I did with mine :

Dolly In Drag (Part I)
Dolly in Drag part I
"I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends will be there"
Dolly In Drag (Part II)
Dolly in Drag part II
"You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car;
 but because they sing a song only you can hear" 
Dolly In Drag (Part III)
Dolly in Drag part III
"This suspense is terrible... I hope it will last!"
Somehow I feel that I was rather channelling Oscar Wilde as I was styling my dolly. I got the body first much early on in my COCO dolly collecting pursuits oddly enough. I only got the face for this particular shoot. Think I might call him Derek McDreamy (Gray's Anatomy harhar)

Always happy to provide any additional information you may need that is not published here otherwise :


Props 
Petite Mort - Rich Persian Rug (Mesh)
{anc} MoonLightLounge. ashtray stand* Cig used in pose comes from this dispenser
Sway's Cookie Bear [Candy] Rainbow (rez me) RARE
Kalopsia - Regency Settee - Black
-tres blah- Hodgepodge - Paper Pile
-tb- Vanity - Platter of Treasures
-tb- Vanity - Compact RARE
dust bunny . rose table . blue
ISPACHI [EMERSON] Foot Stool
[Con.] & :CP: Dragonfly Garden Chocolates
erratic / home - triple sec

Doll
CoCO BJD Male Body + 002B (Light) Head and Eyes (Blue)
Lelutka Kornelia Lashes .03 (Adjusted to fit)
Dura Hair Boys&Girls 24 Strawberry

Drag
!dM deviousMind "Paris La Grande" Blue Peacock boa (Parts F)
Mandala Lustful Bracelet & Ring
Ricielli (Non rigged) Leather Spiked Boots & Hot Pants
ieQED chanel pearl harness in black
{anc} cigarette
~Libertine~ Kitch Fan (I think this might be one  given out by the furniture- not certain but it's a lovely detailed prop)
[Kunst] Brandy glass (empty)

Pose
!Bang - recline poses (1)M (This has been adjusted in a few ways for each of the images)

Technical Notes :
Clothes and Pose (Just click to view larger details)
Windlight Settings (Just click to view larger details)

No comments:

Post a Comment