Friday 5 February 2016

The Meme Fish : Black is Beautiful . & ..

..
..

I came by this challenge from reading about it on Amelie Fravoisse's Flickr ; which I think is superb.

The challenge :
Rules:
  • You should take a picture using a black skin, the other components of your look is of your own choosing.
  • Name your photo as follows: [Your name] Black is Beautiful Challenge - Photo [1]. You can put this information in the description of the image if preferred.
I wanted to keep the photography simple but to make use of materials and mesh which enables you to really bring out light reflection that is true of real life portraits of this ethnicity - eg :

Coincidentally I could not credit this image properly not knowing where it came from exactly
But having tried to trace its root, I came across this artist
To me that is the beauty of Black skin and it is not something I had truly worked on achieving before although I have featured other similar images in my posts before now.

.
.
Challenge Complete!


Technical Screen Capture
As you can see, what is captured on my screen is highly saturated colour.
All I've done in my final images is simply to tone this down
in order to bring out more contrast between light and dark.
Credits :
Skin by Pumec  (Alsou in September with Brown eyebrows) 
applied over Lelutka Aria Head on Maitreya Lara Body 

Hair  by Emotions (Alison - Brown) was a free gift at the 2013 Hair Fair!

Eyes are by Dead Apple (Sorrow Eyes - Brown) - I really liked these for their reflective quality.

Makeup by Ys&Ys from Teresa Skin and Makeup Applier for Lelutka (Tone 04)
I absolutely adore the makeup palettes from Ys&Ys as they can be worn with many other skin types.

Dress is the Irving Cutout Dress in Black by RAMA

Accessories
ieQED pirate doubloon hoop earrings (pair) and necklace (rare) from ieQED's pirate coin gacha
Nose chain is a Marketplace Purchase from  BLOKC - simple but well designed with the chain part and nose ring made in two separate mesh pieces to help with adjustability.

No comments:

Post a Comment